Tawaf And Saae
Completion of Umrah
- Wudhu is essential during Tawaf. Perform Wudhu anew if it is nullified21 before completing
firstfour circuits (circles around the Kaâ??ba), and start performing Tawaf anew. But if Wudhu is nullified after first four circuits, resume Tawaf from where you had discontinued. Alternatively, you can also begin a new Tawaf.
- Enter the Masjid Al-Haram through Bab Al-Salam (if possible). Recite supplications as discussed in the above topic "Entering the Masjid Al-Haramâ?
Note: Tahiyyatul-Masjid is not to be performed when intending to perform Tawaf.
Idhtibaa: Men to do Idhtibaaâ?? i.e. to take Ihram sheet under the right armpit and cover left shoulder.
:Standfacing Hajr Al-Aswad in such a way that the Hajr Al-Aswad remains to your right side (one step away from the imaginary line joining the Hajr Al-Aswad and the green light, positioned in the building for this purpose)
- Make the Niyyah for Tawaf of Umrah. (It is Wajib/compulsory)
(O Allah, I am making the intention of Tawaf of Kaâ??ba, make it easy for me and accept it from me)
- Isteqbal Al-Kaâ??ba: This is done only once at the beginning of Tawaf. Stand in front of Hajr Al-Aswad facing towards it, recite the below â??Takbirâ?? while raising your hands up till your earlobes, palms facing Hajr Al-Aswad.
Istilaam: Raise your hands up, till your chest, palms facing Hajr Al-Aswad, recite the below
"Bismillahi Allahu Akbar Walillahil Hamdâ?
- Proceed with the Tawaf; men should perform
ramal(meaning brisk-walking, chest out; soldier-like march) for first 3 circuits only; the rest of the 4 circuits of Tawaf should be completed in a normal way. Women should not to do the act of Ramal and should perform Tawaf at a normal pace.
- Do not turn the chest or back towards Kaâ??ba in Tawaf at any time except during Istilaam; feet must be in the direction of Tawaf even at this time.
- If possible, slightly touch Rukn Al-Yamani (corner before Hajr Al-Aswad) with your right hand during Tawaf; if not possible due to a huge crowd, do not do anything else (like a waving action, etc.) but proceed on as normal. It is not permissible to touch Rukn Al-Yamani in the state of Ihram because it is perfumed. Recite the following while in between Rukn Al-Yamani and Hajr Al-Aswad.
"O Our Rabb (Sustainer)! Give to us in this world that which is best and in the Hereafter that which is best, and save us from the torment of the Hell, and let us be with the righteous in the Paradise. O Rabb of the worlds.â?
- Now, stop at Hajr Al-Aswad, do Istilaam before every circuit and also upon completion of the last circuit (8 times).
- Put back Ihram sheet on your shoulder, offer two Rakats Salah of Wajib (compulsory) of Tawaf (however, care must be taken to observe if the time is
makroohfor salaat. If so, the salaat should be delayed) preferably at Station of Ibrahim (PBUH) or elsewhere in the Haram.
- If possible, make Du'a at Multazam. (or anywhere nearby)
- Then proceed to drink Zam-Zam; drink zam-zam in abundance; recite the applicable
masnoon duâ??aand any other Duâ??as.
- Come in front of Hajr Al-Aswad and do Istilaam again. This is the 9th Istilaam.
- Saâ??ee is a Wajib act and it should be done only after performing Tawaf.
- Saâ??ee means to walk and run to-and-fro seven times between the hills of Safa and Marwah.
Innas-safaawalmarwata min sha'aa'irillaahifamanhajjalbaita
'awi`Tamara falaajunaaha 'alaihianyattawwafabihimaawa man tatawwa'akhairanfa'innAllaha shaakirun 'aleem
Verily! As-Safa and al-Marwah are of the Symbols of Allah. So it is not a sin on him who performs Hajj or 'Umrah of the House to perform the Tawaf between them. And whoever does good voluntarily, then verily, Allah is All-Recognizer, All-Knower. [Al-Quran]
- Proceed to Safa to begin Sa'ee. Climb up to the outcrop of rocks. Recite Masnoon Duâ??as. Make Niyyah for Sa'ee of Umrah.
- Proceed for Sa'ee from Safa to Marwah. This is one circuit. The trip from Marwah to Safa will form the second circuit. In this way complete 7 circuits. Thus, the end point of your Sa'ee will be Marwah.
- At the place between the two green fluorescent lights known as
Milain-Akhdarain men are to jog at a moderate pace. Women should continue at their normal pace.
- At Marwah, climb up to the outcrop of rocks. Then make Duâ??a in abundance, as long as possible.
- After completing the seven circuits of Sa'ee in this manner, perform two Rakats
naflof Sa'ee anywhere in Masjid Al-Haram if possible.
Halq or Qasr
In order to release yourself from the state of Ihram, make Halq (shaving hair on the head) or make Qasr (